The Crab Claw Restaurant, St. Michaels, Maryland
The Crab Claw Restaurant, St. Michaels Maryland

Our History

Handling a Bushel of Crabs

Known as Navy Point, the area where The Crab Claw Restaurant stands, was originally a marsh that was filled in with discarded oyster shells.

The business started in the 1950's as The Eastern Shore Clam Company which was a clam and oyster shucking house. Local watermen came in daily with their catch of oysters, clams or crabs.

In 1965, owners Bill and Sylvia Jones turned it into a restaurant called The Crab Claw which instantly became a St. Michaels Landmark.

The Crab Claw Restaurant is still owned and operated by the same family to this day.

Steamed Crabs at The Crab Claw

The Crab Claw Restaurant, St. Michaels Maryland
The Crab Claw Restaurant, 304 Burns Street, St. Michaels, MD 21663
410-745-2900,
info@thecrabclaw.com